The point of this article is to see what I’ve purchased versus what I’ve decluttered in the month. The ultimate goal is to see, if over time, I’m bringing more into my life than taking out. Also, if the things I do bring in are adding more value into my life in the long run since I’m documenting when it’s arriving.
- One litter box
- One litter scoop
- One cat carrier
- Five cat toys
- Two bowls
- One cat tree
- Two cat scratcher
- One litter genie thing
- One cat
- Five candles (different from the candles I got in February)
- One long sleeve shirt
- One zipper sweater
- Two pots I found at the side of the road
- One snake plant I found at the side of the road
- Two phone cases (given away on the buy nothing group)
- One hair claw clip (garbage since I broke it)
- One Alocasia Black Velvet (sold on FB marketplace)
- One beer glass (garbage since it broke)
- One bag of clothing including at least one dress, two blazers, and four t-shirts (local clothing swap)
- One candle (gifted to a friend)
So the big thing from this month is that we got a cat. That involved getting a bunch of stuff. We started with the basics, but got a few more toys and things as we figure out what the cat liked and needed.
Hopefully he will require less random stuff in future months. Despite all the toys we’ve gotten him, his favorite thing in the world so far has been a crumpled up Tim Horton’s donut wrapper/paper bag. He’s pulled it out of the recycling bin multiple times to play with it.
Another highlight of the month, is that I finally got rid of a bag of clothes that’s been sitting at the bottom of my closet since January. I didn’t want to just drop it off a Value Village where it would likely get trashed. I found a local clothing swap, which was perfect. I did leave with two pieces, but still a net negative to my closet.
Overall a busy month, I can believe that it’s already over.