The point of this article is to see what I’ve purchased versus what I’ve decluttered in the month. The ultimate goal is to see if over time I’m bringing more into my life than taking out. Also if the things I do bring in are adding more value into my life in the long term since I’m documenting when it’s arriving and can think a bit more critically about the whole thing.
- A dozen pairs for socks;
- 3 pairs of underwear;
- One spray bottle;
- One bottle of hydrogen peroxide 3%;
- One mini bottle of hand sanitizer;
- 7 house plants;
- Four glasses, dropped off by my friend;
- 5 bars of soap by Aide Body Care;
- A pack of laundry detergent strips; and
- 2 mason jars returned to me by my parents.
- 5 dead orchids (RIP);
- One dead house plant (RIP);
- Two bags of cloths and textiles that have been sitting in my car for 4 months, dropped off for textile recycling;
- Two glasses;
- One housewarming present that I was able send off to its recipient;
- 13 Christmas cards going to various new homes (not sure if this counts but I’ve had the packs of cards for years); and
- A bin worth of old electronics that was dropped off for recycling.